Contacting Property Manager...
Building Equity Management LLC
New York, NY 10012
Types of Properties We Manage:
- Multi-Family (5 -19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
Building Equity Management LLC is a next generation Manhattan-based multifamily property management company whose cloud-based management system allows for improved communications with both owners and tenants. We have properties under our management throughout the length of Manhattan with a heavy concentration of rent regulated units, an area where the firm brings particular talents to bear. The principals of our company, multifamily owners themselves, make regular personal visits to all properties. Our goal is to help you make money, keep your tenants happy, and make sure you are in compliance with all city and state regulations.
Log onto our "Owner's Portal" and get answers 24/7. See your balance. See payments that have been made. See if any tenants opened work orders this week. See if the repairs have been completed. We allow you the opportunity to see what's going on real time, rather than after the fact.
Such instantly available reporting is complemented by our full monthly financial reporting, which can be customized to meet your specific needs. Reports can be mailed or packaged and e-mailed as a single PDF file that includes images of every invoice and check that has been paid. We also maintain a cloud-based digital image database of all documents related to each building we manage. Additionally, we subscribe to online violation tracking systems to make sure your building maintains a clean record with DOB, DOT, DEP, HPD, DSNY, FDNY and DOH.
Over 50% of our tenants now receive their rent bills electronically and pay their rent online. More and more, work orders for repairs are being placed by tenants via our website, automatically notifying the super, the assigned building agent, and Building Equity's principals. The tenant then receives a near immediate acknowledgement either by phone or e-mail. Furthermore, all new tenant rental applications get submitted via our website allowing for immediate acceptance of application fees, one-button screening/credit requests, and automated porting of all data to our management system.
And of course, our firm is well-versed in:
- All leasing activities
- DHCR Filings
- Major Capital Improvement (MCI) planning, physical execution, filings, and application of proper rent increases
- Oil to gas conversions
- Obtaining MBR increases on rent controlled units
- Maximizing your return on apartment renovations (our sister company offers complete design/build services)
- Filing of certiorari tax appeals
- Managing SCRIE/DRIE tenant accounts to ensure property tax abatement applications
- J-51 mod rehab filings for significant tax abatements/exemptions
- Managing employee payrolls and accounting
- Working with your tax planners for quarterly or year-end financial reporting
- Annual RPIE filings
- Implementing security and electronic access system strategies
- Procuring 3rd party analysis of DEP billings for possible overcharges
- Negotiating tenant buyouts
- Landlord/tenant court proceedings
- Rooting out illegal sublets and non-primary residency situations
If you are an owner looking for someone that will truly "work" your building, we'd like an opportunity to meet with you. We'll gladly do a full walk through of your property and provide you with a complimentary assessment of how we would speed the growth of its value and of your cash flow.