Contacting Property Manager...
30343 Canwood St. Suite 203
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Types of Properties We Manage:
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
CoastManagement will actively manage your property, providing superior service and results while achieving the lowest possible costs. Coast is a full service management company providing services owners of apartment properties since 1987. The accounting and financial services we provide will be comprehensive, timely and accurate. Our complete service includes 24-hour, 365 days per year emergency response service.
Michael Chulak, President of CoastManagement is a real estate attorney, general contractor and Certified Property Manager with over 30 years of experience managing properties, and serving as an expert witness.
Our staff is knowledgeable, experienced and highly motivated, providing attentive and responsible support. Our staff speaks and writes English, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. When you hire CoastManagement you hire more than a manager - you hire a team of professionals. We encourage you to see our offices to see our operation for yourself. CoastManagement provides a wide array of services that can be customized for your specific requirements.
Coast has a simple and effective approach: we serve every client as if they were our only client. Please call us Monday - Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. We will be pleased to review your property management needs and prepare a proposal that best meets your requirements.
Not all property management companies are the same. The property management company you select will have a profound effect on the value and desirability of your property. If you are looking for property management professionals, call us today.
Why CoastManagement Does Not Provide Property Maintenance Services Directly
CoastManagement does not provide property maintenance services directly (including landscape maintenance) because we believe that providing these services directly creates a conflict of interest with management clients which cannot be addressed satisfactorily.
Management companies have the responsibility (a fiduciary duty) for making certain that their clients receive the greatest value possible for every dollar spent on property maintenance services. This means the management company must make certain that their clients do not pay an excessive billing rate, do not pay for an excessive number of hours billed, do not pay for inferior work, do not pay for unnecessary work, and that maintenance is scheduled so as to minimize the number of service calls in order to minimize your overall cost.
Companies that provide property maintenance services directly are in business to maximize their profit. This legitimate goal is in direct conflict with the property owner's goal of minimizing maintenance costs. We believe a management company cannot reconcile this conflict of interest if it provides maintenance services to its client. For example, it is possible that the need to meet payroll costs could influence the management company's judgment as to how much maintenance is "necessary" at your building.
A management company that hires only independent, third party property maintenance companies, such as CoastManagement has the incentive and ability to fully protect property owners without regard to the profitability of the maintenance operation. A management company that directly provides maintenance services may not have the same incentive or ability.
By law, a management company, as agent for the owner, has the duty to put your interest above its own. CoastManagement is in a position to do exactly that. We take our responsibility seriously.
- Our goal is to increase the value of your property by improving its cash flow. We will do everything possible to maximize rental income while minimizing operating expenses.
- Our goal is to make your income property desirable to tenants so that they are attracted to your property and want to stay.
- Our goal is to manage your property in a business like manner by providing solid advice and then implementing the owner's decisions in a timely manner.
- Our goal is to be responsive to the phone calls of our client owners as well as tenants who pay rent to the owner.
- Our goal is to have our staff live by the Golden Rule at all times.
- Our goal is to serve our clients by providing good stewardship and advice at all times.
- Our goal is to use our position as property managers to protect and improve our environment while conserving valuable resources.
The Accounting and Financial Services we provide will be comprehensive, timely and accurate. They include:
- Preparing a monthly Statement of Cash Receipts and Disbursements including a Check Register.
- Preparing a list of delinquent accounts each month, if any.
- Paying all authorized bills.
- Collecting monthly rents including any late charges.
- Following up on all delinquencies and working with legal counsel when necessary to assist in collections.
- Preparing any payroll checks.
- Maintaining businesslike relations with tenants and promptly responding to requests for services. We place a strong emphasis on tenant retention.
- Obtaining bids and negotiating contracts.
- Supervising contractors for maximum results.
- Promptly reporting to the owner any conditions that require the attention of the owner.
- Inspecting the property on a systematic basis.
- Training and supervising on-site employees.
CoastManagement maintains a 24-hour, 365-days-a-year emergency response service to effectively deal with any problems which require immediate attention.