Contacting Property Manager...
Miller's Property Management
2409 Highway 17
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
Types of Properties We Manage:
- Single Home/condo (up to $300K)
- Single Home/condo ($300 to $500K)
- Single Home/condo ($500K to $1M)
- Single Home/condo (over $1M)
Miller's Property Management specializes in rental properties in the Richmond Hill, Midway, Southside Savannah, and Pooler Georgia area.
List of Property Management Services
- 4 Year degree leading to BS in Education.
- 25 Years of military experience.
- Licensed Realtor and Broker for the State of Georgia.
- 15 years of hands on property management experience.
- Currently manage 21 properties 3 of which I own.
- Fill out and maintain all legal documents.
- Exclusive Management Agreement.
- Lease for Residential Property.
- Owners property information sheet.
- Maintain professional license in order to meet state criteria for management of property â€“ This includes Continuing Education courses each year.
- As required by law, I maintain two escrow accounts with Bryan Bank & Trust for Operating Funds and for Security Deposits.
Advertise for tenants
- Automate Housing Referral (Military web site).
- Sign in Yard.
- Advertise with other local realtors to include Re/Max-C21.
- If required, advertise in local papers (owner expense).
- Do credit check with Merchants Credit Bureau. A criminal background check can be
- performed if requested.
- I require a minimum score of 600 unless owner wants higher.
- Check personal references. The best reference, if available, is a previous landlord.
Lease Related Items
- Completion of legal lease, approved by the Georgia Association of Realtors.
- Lease has special stipulation pertaining to Late payments, cleaning requirements at end of lease, smoking prohibited inside home, changing AC filters every 30 days.
- Do a thorough walkthrough with tenant at beginning and end of lease.
- Tenant lease payments are due on the 1st of the month, w/a five day grace period.
- Late fees begin on the 6th of a month- Fees are $40.00 from the 6th to the 10th and then $10.00 per day thereafter.
- Owner proceeds will be sent NLT the 10th of the Month, if tenant pays on time.
- Late fees are split 50/50 between owner and MPM.
- A statement will be sent within 5 days of rental monies being sent.
- Statement will include YTD information of all expenses.
- We normally use a local accountant to mail out these forms.
- The data will be Gross and then you can use the YTD expenses to determine your net.
- The owner is responsible for major end items, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.
- If an item breaks due to age, or fair wear and tear, then owner is responsible for the expense.
- If breakage is due to fault of tenant, then tenant pays.
- I am the Point of Contact for all maintenance related items- I act as the General Contractor for major work.
- On larger expenses, ( for example repayment of AC Unit) I charge a 7 % contracting fee.
- For smaller items, as a former builder, I can perform numerous small maintenance items. I have a minimum fee of $65.00 which is generally much cheaper than hiring a plumber or an electrician. I am not a licensed electrician so if you are more comfortable with me hiring a licensed subcontractor, then I can do this also.
- As per the lease agreement, if a maintenance item is less than $100.00, then I ask your authorization to repair the item and then inform you later. Also, if an item is an emergency, then again I take care of it while letting you know what is going on.
- Any major item that needs to be repaired will be referred to you with options or suggestions.
- Management fee is 10 % of Gross.
- Start up fee is $175.00- This is for finding, qualifying, checking in a tenant and checking them out at the end of a lease period- If a tenant renews their lease, then this fee does not apply.
- If a tenant wants to buy your home and you agree, then I ask for a 5% brokers fee. This only applies to an existing tenant.
- I act as your agent if we had to evict a tenant for any violation of the law.
Keep you informed
- I do not smother a tenant, but when anything noteworthy comes up, I will keep you informed.