Add Foreclosures to your to-see List
Are you shopping for a new home? Do you want to get involved with investment properties? If you answered yes to either question it is important to consider all options, including foreclosures. A foreclosure is not right for every buyer, but you don?t know where you stand until you consider them. Once you learn the pros and cons of foreclosures you will have a better idea of what they can and cannot do for you.
Why would I buy a foreclosure? The reason for this is price. The bank is usually willing to offer a great price on a foreclosure because they need to sell it in order to recoup some of their money. Does this mean that all foreclosures are a steal? Definitely not. But if you look long enough you will realize just how much money you can save.
On the downside, you may not like foreclosures because most of them are rundown. This is not always the case, so you should keep an open mind. But it is very uncommon to find a foreclosure that does not need some work.
Additionally, it is not always easy to buy a foreclosure because the bank does not offer much flexibility. They probably won?t entertain lowball offers, and in many cases you may not have a right to an inspection. These are details to discuss with your real estate agent as you are shopping and ultimately making a decision.
You should add foreclosures to your to-see list even if you don?t think you will move in this direction.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community