How Bathroom Remodeling can add Value to your Home
photo credit: Paul Schultz
Adding to the value of your home is a great idea. And while you need the money and time to make this happen, you also need knowledge of what changes are best. That being said, there are not many projects that can add more value than a bathroom remodel. This has been the case for many years, and probably always will be. When it comes down to it, bathroom and kitchen updates will add the most value to a home. And even if you do not plan on selling your home, this added value can go a long way in helping your situation in the future.
An old bathroom is no fun. Not only does it look bad, but it is holding your home back from an increased value. The question is: what type of remodel are you going to take on? Some homeowners decide that minor changes are all that they want to tackle. On the other hand, a complete remodel is something that you should also consider if you really want to increase the value of your home.
A bathroom remodel can consist of many projects. In other words, it is more than just a fresh coat of paint and a good scrubbing. If you are going to remodel your bathroom, and are hoping to increase the value of your home by doing so, you will want to consider the following: flooring, vanity, toilet, paint, and the bathtub. By remodeling with all of these details in mind, you will definitely increase the value of your home.
To add even more value through a bathroom remodel, consider adding space. Is this something that is easy to do? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But one thing is for sure: if you can remodel your bathroom while also making it bigger you are sure to make the most of the project.
Ask any real estate agent and they will tell you that a bathroom remodel can add a lot of value to your home. Just how much depends on the changes that you make, and the market that you are facing. But no matter what, you cannot go wrong with a bathroom remodeling project.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community