Property Background Check
Before you hire someone or rent property to someone you should always perform a background check. This should go without saying, but many people have never thought of doing a property background check, in fact they?ve never heard of them.
A property background check gives you the background on the property you are considering purchasing, letting you know who owned the property, rented it, any accidents that occurred there which created insurance claims, and any deaths on the property. You can also find out what the assessed value is, prior assessments, purchase prices and any features that have changed throughout the years.
With this information you get a better idea of the home?s value and if you think it?s really priced fairly. Sometimes what seems like a good deal may actually be a bad purchase because of some ?hidden? aspects of the home that make it undesirable. A property background check can help you find those defects.
In the past you had to go to the local courthouse to find records on the property but today they?re readily available online and you can typically get a full background pretty quickly without much hassle or expense.
Now that property background checks are really easy to obtain you should always get one before your purchase a property, it could actually help you make a decision whether to buy or not to buy.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community