Contacting Property Manager...
30343 Canwood St. Suite 203
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Types of Properties We Manage:
- HOA (2 - 49 units)
- HOA (50 - 99 units)
- HOA (100+ units)
- COA (2 - 49 units)
- COA (50 - 99 units)
- COA (100+ units)
HOAs and Condominiums
CoastManagement will actively manage your property, providing superior service and results while achieving the lowest possible costs. Coast is a full service management company providing services for homeowner associations since 1987. The accounting and financial services we provide will be comprehensive, timely and accurate. Our complete service includes 24-hour, 365 days per year emergency response service.
Michael Chulak, President of CoastManagement is a real estate and homeowner association attorney, general contractor and Certified Property Manager with over 30 years of experience managing properties.
Our staff is knowledgeable, experienced and highly motivated, providing attentive and responsible support. Our staff speaks and writes English, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. When you hire CoastManagement, you hire more than a manager - you hire a team of professionals. We encourage you to see our offices to see our operation for yourself. CoastManagement provides a wide array of services that can be customized for your specific requirements.
Coast has a simple and effective approach: we serve every client as if they were our only client. Please call us Monday - Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. We will be pleased to review your property management needs and prepare a proposal that best meets your requirements.
Not all property management companies are the same. The property management company you select will have a profound effect on the value and desirability of your property. If you are looking for HOA management professionals, call us today.Mission Statement
- Our goal is to serve the people living in the communities we manage, providing good stewardship and advice at all times.
- Our goal is to increase the value of your home by improving the appearance of your association's common areas, and by assisting your board in enforcing the rules of your association consistently, fairly, without bias, and in accordance with California law.
- Our goal is to make your community a place where members enjoy living and consider the existence of the CC&Rs something positive, not negative.
- Our goal is to assist your board in running your association in a business-like manner by implementing their decisions in a timely manner.
- Our goal is to use our position as property managers to protect and improve our environment while conserving valuable resources.
- Our goal is to help your board match assessment income to realistic budgeted expenses so that adequate reserves can be set aside thus avoiding special assessments.
- Our goal is to respond to the phone calls or emails of board members within five business hours and to all association members within 24 hours.
- Our goal is to have our staff live by the Golden Rule at all times.
CoastManagement does not provide property maintenance services directly (including landscape maintenance) because we believe that providing these services directly creates a conflict of interest with management clients which cannot be addressed satisfactorily.
Management companies have the responsibility (a fiduciary duty) for making certain that their clients receive the greatest value possible for every dollar spent on property maintenance services. This means the management company must make certain that their clients do not pay an excessive billing rate, do not pay for an excessive number of hours billed, do not pay for inferior work, do not pay for unnecessary work, and that maintenance is scheduled so as to minimize the number of service calls in order to minimize your overall cost.
Companies that provide property maintenance services directly are in business to maximize their profit. This legitimate goal is in direct conflict with the property owner’s goal of minimizing maintenance costs. We believe a management company cannot reconcile this conflict of interest if it provides maintenance services to its client. For example, it is possible that the need to meet payroll costs could influence the management company’s judgment as to how much maintenance is “necessary” at your building.
A management company that hires only independent, third party property maintenance companies, such as CoastManagement has the incentive and ability to fully protect property owners without regard to the profitability of the maintenance operation. A management company that directly provides maintenance services may not have the same incentive or ability.
By law, a management company, as agent for the owner, has the duty to put your interest above its own. CoastManagement is in a position to do exactly that. We take our responsibility seriously.Board Member Training Available by HOA Attorney
When you hire CoastManagement to manage your homeowner association, Coast will arrange to have HOA attorney Michael Chulak provide your board of directors and any committee members with a private training seminar at your location, and at no cost to your association.
Topics will include:
- The Davis-Stirling Act;
- Notices, Agenda, and Minutes requirements;
- How to establish enforceable rules;
- Assessment collections;
- CC&R enforcement and amendments;
- Duties of board members; and
- Construction and maintenance issues.