Contacting Property Manager...
Independent Property Management, LLC
47818 Blockhouse Point Place
Sterling, VA 20165
Types of Properties We Manage:
- Single Home/condo (up to $300K)
- Single Home/condo ($300 to $500K)
- Single Home/condo ($500K to $1M)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5 -19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
About Independent Property Management:
Independent Property Management, LLC is a company based in Sterling, Virginia that specializes in the management of rental properties throughout Loudoun and Fairfax counties. The company is owned by Real Estate Broker Paul Challis who has been licensed since 2003. Our mission is to build strong long term client relationships by treating your investment properties as if they were our own.
Management means taking care of each property including:
- Market rent evaluation and property readiness evaluation
- Investigative-quality application processing
- Comprehensive inspections of your property, inside and out
- Round-the-clock maintenance management
- All communication with the tenants
- Timely collection of rent and active pursuit of late payments
- Payment of all maintenance bills associated with the property
- Monthly report emailed to you, with the proceeds from that month delivered electronically to your bank account
- Copies of all bills for which funds are expended.
Advantages to the Landlord:
What's in it for you?
- No start-up fee & no charge for our services until the property is first rented
- No charge for any of our inspections, photographs, reports, etc.
- 90-day No-Questions-Asked Money Back Guarantee on management fees
- No mark-up on invoices, nor do we accept rebates or kick-backs
- Reduced contractor charges through volume of business
- When your lease, maintenance and loss prevention are professionally managed, your property retains its value and returns its maximum profit with very little effort from you.
Timely placement of qualified tenants is critical to one's bottom line. When a 60-day notice is received, we spring into action. You get:
- Immediate notification including a copy of the tenant's notice
- Professional recommendation regarding rent value
- A professional FOR RENT sign promptly placed at the property
- A detailed property description, photos and directions added to the MLS
- Newspaper advertising at greatly reduced rates (if required)
- Email notification sent to our waiting list of prospective tenants looking for a property like yours
- Comprehensive use of the internet for maximum exposure
- Every effort is made to minimize the amount of time a property remains vacant. We even return calls and show vacancies on weekends and on holidays.
What IPM does to keep maintenance costs under control:
- We do not have an in-house maintenance company, opting instead to utilize independent contractors
- Estimates are obtained and presented for owner approval on all repairs in excess of $350
- All repairmen are instructed to document directly on their bills if any repair is caused by tenant negligence or abuse, so that tenants may be held responsible for needless damage
- All tenants are provided with our office and cell numbers so that in the event of an emergency, they may reach a live person during reasonable office hours.
- Tenants are provided with instructions for how to deal with emergency events outside of office hours
- Numerous maintenance issues are detailed in the lease paperwork and on our web site (in development) in the hopes of avoiding a repair in the first place. Our online Tenant Support page will provide thorough maintenance instructions and recommendations
- Many common problems are easily handled over the telephone without ever having to involve a repair person
We produce a complete digital photographic record of the property at each interior/exterior inspection at no extra charge. General interior/exterior inspections are conducted:
- When we take over management
- When we move tenants in and out
- Several months after each new tenant moves in (to get a feel for how they care for the property)
- At least annually thereafter
- With all such inspections being standard to our service and at no additional cost to you.
- If a problem is found to exist, we can quickly implement corrective action. Through this policy, we feel that unnecessary repair expenses can often be diminished or eliminated