Contacting Property Manager...
Next Step Realty
3425 Edison St. NW
Uniontown, OH 44685
Types of Properties We Manage:
- Single Home/condo (up to $300K)
- Single Home/condo ($300 to $500K)
- Single Home/condo ($500K to $1M)
- Single Home/condo (over $1M)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
Paper work? Let us take the hassle out of your hands while you enjoy the income without the headaches associated with tenants, maintenance, and contractors.
Property Management Fees
- We proudly serve Summit, Stark, and Portage Counties. (Limited Coverage in Medina – Wadsworth Area)
- The Lease Commission Fee with management will be $400 or half of one months rent, whichever is greater. (We will supply the lease.) The cost is for each time house/unit gets a new tenant.
- ***WOW*** If Tenant breaks their initial lease terms up to the 1st year of the lease Manager shall re-rent the unit with no additional Lease Commission Fee charged to Owner.
- For units that rent for less than $400 per month the fee will equal one months rent
- If Owner Elects to list property in MLS Owner will pay additional half of one month rent to buyer’s / renter’s agent.
- Monthly Management Fee – 10% of rent(s) collected. Single Family and Multi under 20 units at same location (Max $100 per unit per month on Rent*)
- Over 20 units at same location – Monthly Management Fee – 7% of rent collected. (Max $100 per unit per month with a Minimum of $25 per unit for occupied units only)
- Management Fee Collected only when rent is received
- You pay your advertising costs. (Newspaper, Online, Flyers, Etc.)
- If property is sold via Lease Option. Next Step Realty, Inc. will receive 4% of sales price paid on transfer of deed. If the property is sold by Land Contract Next Step Realty, Inc. will receive 4% of sale price paid at filing of contract. (If there is another Real Estate Firm Involved an additional 2% will be paid to them.)
Overview of our Property Management Services
- We will place a sign near the street or in the window of the unit. Some locations would not have a sign due to neighborhood restrictions and/or association rules.
- You would be listed on the Internet. (via our web site and other applicable sites Trulia, Craigslist, etc.)
- We would advertise in any area that would best suite the product available. Ex. (Beacon Journal, Plain Dealer, Canton Repository, and/or any other local papers) (all costs paid by owner)
- We also use Craigslist.com, our website, and other online sources. (NO cost to owner)
- We supply lockbox or hold onto keys.
- We run full credit checks, criminal background (nationwide), eviction history (nationwide), employment verifications, etc. (must have total income at least 2x rental amount. We recommend 3x rental amount, (we can make exceptions for additional sec deposit or at owners request) (owners may setup additional restrictions as well)
- We allow move in only if first month rent plus security deposit has been paid in full along with verification that utilities have been transferred. (We can accept payment plans for Security Deposits)
- Repairs not to exceed one month rent. (We have limited Credit available at 10% of borrowed funds. Example Borrow $1,000 Pay Back $1,100. Must Qualify)
- We Collect Rent on or near the first of the month. (Between 1st and 5th) The following Week we post eviction notices for all non-paid units. (After the 5th)
- We send out payments to owners near the end of the month. (Most checks are mailed within 5 days of the end of the current month.)
- You have access to all your documents through the web. (We use Dropbox and you will need to sign up for that service to have access to your folder. All Leases, Management Documents, Receipts and bills are scanned in the computer creating PDF files. You can download them for your records.)
- At your request Electronic or Paper copies of all your receipts can be mailed/ emailed out at the end of each year for taxes. (All Owners must fill out a W-9)
- You will receive a statement once a month or every quarter with your breakdown of management fees and any repair work that has been or is scheduled to be completed. (We use the monthly rent as a slush fund so you receive all rents at the end of the month. You can hold the security deposit if requested.)
- All calls will be directed to us. (You should not receive any calls)
- We have a maintenance person on call 24 hours.
- Inspection’s about every 12 months to inspect home and change furnace filters, check for leaks, general inspection. (No charge for inspection. any items requiring attention or repair are at owner’s expense. Owners will be notified of situation before any action is performed unless items are emergency, we will try to contact you as soon as possible however due to the urgency we must correct the problem ASAP (ex gas leak, major-electrical problem, major-plumbing leak, cracked heat exchanger in furnace, carbon monoxide, or any health or safety issue.)
- Routine maintenance items will be done as needed. (ex change furnace filters, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- We will use anyone that you request to do the repairs however if they do not perform to our standards or are not available in a timely manor we reserve the right to send in contractors we use. If they are minor repairs we usually just send out our people to get the item fixed unless you have someone you prefer. Any repair under $100 is usually performed without notifying owner. (We will discuss how and when you want to be contacted) Any item over $200 you will be notified and if it exceeds the current months rent that we collect you must pay us prior to work being completed. (If you have more than one unit we can pool all the rent money together to complete the repairs.)
- We are able to deposit your rent in a local bank as long as you provide us with your deposit slips. We can deposit your checks at the following Banks (First Merit (Our Bank), Chase, PNC, US Bank, Huntington, Key Bank, Charter One, and Fifth Third.) Electronic Deposits Coming Soon
- We can email your monthly statements. (All statements are in MS Excel or PDF your choice)
- You sign a one-year contract with us. (Contract can be terminated with a 30-day notice at anytime. Early termination fee will apply) After the first year contract with automatically renew every 30 days.
- If tenant fails to pay by the 5th of the month we will serve a 3 day notice on or about the next Monday and file the eviction in a reasonable time if no money is received. Estimate cost of $300-400 for an eviction including attorney fees. (We will setup payment plans and try to resolve all issues and use eviction as last resort only.)
- Evictions on average take anywhere from 30-45 days to complete.
- We work with many contractors and can provide Lawn care services and snow plow removal for additional fee’s
- We can custom tailor any service to fit your needs. (We are here for you so tell us what you want)
- We are a full service company that can assist you with the sale of your property (Land contract, Lease Option as well as Traditional, full rehab and renovation for your properties and future purchases through contractors we work with on a daily basis, maintenance for both your personal property and rentals. We are here to assist you with all your real estate needs. We work with a variety of contractors from basic rental work to new construction.
Contact Us Today For More Details!