Contacting Property Manager...
Shearer Realty Inc.P.O. Box 43079
Charlotte, NC 28215
Types of Properties We Manage:- Single Home/condo (up to $300K)
- Single Home/condo ($300 to $500K)
Shearer Realty knows Charlotte NC
Whether you're buying, selling, renting or looking for a professional Property Manager, We are absolutely committed to fulfilling your needs with the highest level of professionalism, expertise and service. Our commitment to your satisfaction is the foundation from which a solid business relationship is built.
Our Management Services
Thank you for your interest in our Property Management services.
The first question generally asked is "What do you charge?"
- Our monthly Management fee is 10% of the rent money collected.
- For 3 or more properties, our fee is 8% for each property with a $75/month minimum.
- For properties that will rent for more than $1200./month the fees are negotiable.
- We also charge $40/month for advertising when the property is vacant.
- We ask owners to maintain a $250 owner's reserve in their account.
The management fee includes the following services:
- Advertising: We place extensive advertising on the internet, including pay per ad sites along with Craigslist and the Charlotte MLS. Our ads are also picked up on over 100 smaller websites nationwide.
- Signage: We will place a professional sign at the property if allowed along with a directional if allowed.
- Showings: We will meet the interested party at the vacant home and show the property to them. We do not give out keys or lockbox codes to strangers!
- We do background checks on Rental History, Criminal History and Credit.
- We will not rent to convicted felons.
- We won't deny an applicant based on marginal credit, but may ask for a larger security deposit if they are considered a risk. (most applicants have some bad credit)
- We will verify employment & wages and contact their current Landlord for a report.
- Lease execution: We use the lease approved by the North Carolina Association of Realtors.
- Tenant control: We will collect the rent and send late letters with demand for payment on the 6th of each month to tenants that have failed to pay their rent. If the rent is not paid within 10 days from the date of the demand for rent, we will file the Summary Ejectment and appear in court. If necessary, we will file a Writ of Possession with the County Sheriff. We will respond to any requests the tenant has and use our best efforts to place and keep good tenants.
- Maintenance: Tenants will call our office and we will respond quickly. We will coordinate necessary repairs, utilizing qualified vendors. If the repair estimate exceeds $250, the owner will be contacted for approval. If the tenant is responsible, they will be charged. When a property becomes vacant, we will inspect the property and determine the repairs necessary to get the property in "rent ready" condition. We will consult with the owner for disbursement of the previous tenant's security deposit.
Additional fees not included with the Management fee:
- Major repair coordination -- 10% of repair expense. This repair cost would be in the event of a catastrophe (flood, fire etc)
- Tenant inspections -- We recommend a tenant inspection 3-4 months after initial occupancy and semi-annually after this. This is optional. Our fee is $40 per inspection and pictures will be provided to the owner. (Move out inspections are included in the management fee)
Our Technology Puts Us One Step Ahead
Our investment in AppFolio's web-based property management software helps us run a more efficient and profitable business. Our top priority is to provide the most outstanding service to our owners and residents and we are excited to pass on these advantages to you:
We quickly respond to owners and resident service requests.
Because our solution is web-based, we can access all of our data from any location and at any time. This allows us to provide outstanding service for our customers. Sensitive information is housed in data centers with the same security levels used and trusted by major banking institutions.
Your monthly owner statement is delivered electronically.
Easy-to-read owner statements can be sent via email or can be accessed online using our convenient online Owners Portal, saving you time and paper.
Maintenance issues are addressed and resolved faster.
We can communicate with vendors and create electronic work orders to get things fixed quickly.
Your payments are sent electronically and securely.
We use online ACH (electronic payments) to securely deposit your payment into your bank account so you receive the money even faster.
Vacancies are filled faster with more online marketing channels.
With just a few clicks we can post professional vacancy ads to over 100 sites on the Internet, our website, and Craigslist. The ads were designed by a professional designer and stand out from the crowd.
Online applications are available for potential residents, making it easier to attract more prospects.
All vacancy postings include an option for the potential resident to apply online. We avoid all of the time consuming paperwork associated with traditional applications and can fill vacancies even faster.
Residents can securely and easily pay rent online.
Residents love the convenience of paying rent securely online and our team spends less time handling paper checks. Online rent payments are automatically entered into AppFolio and completely integrated with the accounting records.