Should You Consider Moving to San Diego
San Diego is a beautiful city that has a lot to offer. The city has major attractions such as Sea World, the famous San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Chargers. If you are considering a move to San Diego there are a couple of things to take into consideration.
There are some beautiful homes in San Diego. The homes here can be quite pricey. The cost of purchasing a home is definitely something you want to consider if relocating to San Diego. Homes generally start out in the five hundred thousands and go on up to about a million. The monthly cost for a home in a decent neighborhood is between two thousand dollars and three dollars. If you have children you will need to view the different school districts for each neighborhood. Two very desirable neighborhoods with well known schools for academics are Mission Hills and Kensington. You may be young and hip with no kids and require a neighborhood with good dining and a happening nightlife, consider Hillcrest.
You may not be interested in purchasing a home. It is perfectly reasonable to want to get a feel for San Diego and determine if you are sure you want to stay long term. However, you will still need a place of to lay your head. Consider renting an apartment. The cost of an apartment is starting out at about a thousand dollars and up. In San Diego what you pay is what you get, meaning the more you pay for an apartment, the better it will be and the more amenities it will include.
A major thing to contemplate when considering a move to San Diego is transportation. The city is big and spread out. Having a car is a good thing. If you do have a car, consider purchasing a gps system. For those with no car, the city?s public transportation is excellent. The buses pretty much run on schedule, this is good to know if you will be relying on the bus system to get around.
Those are just a few things to take into consideration as to whether or not to relocate to San Diego. It is a beautiful city with a lot to offer. The only true way to determine if it is for you is to experience it, so give it a try, you may like it.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community