Rental Homes Plus
RentalHomesPlus.com lets you search thousands of homes for rent FREE!
Property Manager Interview Questions
The property management company you hire will play a key role in the success of your property investment venture. Here are some interview questions that will help you determine which property manager you should hire:
- How many years have you been a property manager?
- Have you had any formal training in the field?
- What systems do you have in place that allow you to do your job efficiently?
- What aspects of property management do you find particularly rewarding/challenging?
Availability and Communication
- What are your office hours?
- What is your availability after hours? What arrangements do you have in place to handle emergencies?
- How quickly do you return phone calls?
- What types of regular communication can I expect to receive from you?
- How do you go about pricing rentals?
- What vendors do you use for maintenance and other projects? How long have you worked with each of them?
- Do you use property management software for recording-keeping purposes? What types of records do you keep?
- In your view, what are the key elements of keeping an income property turning a profit?
Dealing With Difficult Tenants
- Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with a disruptive tenant. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- What percentage of past tenants have you had to evict?
- How does the evictions process work in this state?
- What legal services do you employ?