Property Manager Interview Questions
The property management company you hire will play a key role in the success of your property investment venture. Here are some interview questions that will help you determine which property manager you should hire:
- How many years have you been a property manager?
- Have you had any formal training in the field?
- What systems do you have in place that allow you to do your job efficiently?
- What aspects of property management do you find particularly rewarding/challenging?
Availability and Communication
- What are your office hours?
- What is your availability after hours? What arrangements do you have in place to handle emergencies?
- How quickly do you return phone calls?
- What types of regular communication can I expect to receive from you?
- How do you go about pricing rentals?
- What vendors do you use for maintenance and other projects? How long have you worked with each of them?
- Do you use property management software for recording-keeping purposes? What types of records do you keep?
- In your view, what are the key elements of keeping an income property turning a profit?
Dealing With Difficult Tenants
- Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with a disruptive tenant. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- What percentage of past tenants have you had to evict?
- How does the evictions process work in this state?
- What legal services do you employ?
Enjoy reading this article?
Get more like it delivered to your inbox!
Join our free mailing list to get early access to articles like this one delivered straight to your inbox. You'll learn renting tips and best practices and get news about housing market trends that will help to increase your rental income.